Saturday, August 22, 2009

OUCH!!

For those of you who know me know that this is not an unusual picture. i hurt myself alot. Not on purpose mind you, but i am always covered in scratches and bruises. (i tell people my husband beats me but after they get to know him they realize it is probably the other way around)

anyways, for those who don't know me that well, i am a klutz. i am not grace personified. granted i tend to do alot of stupid things, and that does not help my accident prone nature. And some day if you are really attentive i will tell you how i lost a fight with a pile of jump ropes. (they are not a benign as one would like to think)

so to cliff dive you first have to climb the cliff. the base tends to be a tad bit slippery (think of something being covered in snot) so the start up can be tricky. and then of course let us not forget that there is no climbing gear, just a swimsuit and water shoes (thank goodness i had those) and lots and lots of jagged rocks. my whole goal was not to fall into the water. sure i wanted to jump, just not fall. falling is just not as fun. i slipped only twice, which is really good for me. but on the second climb up i did this to myself.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, now i realize that it was not. i cannot cross my legs. i did not realize how much i do cross my legs while sitting. i am now blatenly aware. it will heal soon and i will off in search of more cliffs to jump off because as the ol saying goes "If your friends all jumped off a cliff, would you?" Yes mom, i would.

2 comments:

  1. OUCH! That's nasty! Hope it heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you got your battle scar doing something fun!!! Yay for fun induced injury!

    ReplyDelete