Well it is that time of year again.....
A time you have been looking forward to all year without even knowing it.
You can almost smell the disappointment in the air.
Isaac has released his Christmas list for 2012
1. More wife beaters (sleeveless undershirts)
2. Hibben Pro. Knife throwing set (explains the large spinning wheel he made in wood shop)
3. More fly tying equipment (he actually stands a chance of getting this)
4. More Tippet for fly line. Grandpa's creek has eaten a lot of it.
5. Hibben IV combat machete with sheath. He has this circled for importance. I think that should serve as an extra warning.
6. Personalized Tar and Feathering kit for those "darn democrats" as he put it. I am sure Papa will gladly help with that.
7. M48 credit card. Made by United Cutlery. It is a flat piece of stamped steel with various tools built in. Made to fit inside his wallet. This is actually a pretty cool survival tool. If it weren't for the fact I wash his wallet on a weekly basis, this just might have worked.
8. Legendary Hibben Fighter III. Okay, this had me a "Legendary" and then to throw in the III. Well I am super impressed. No impressed enough to buy it, but still super impressed.
9. United Sub-commander boot knives. Ike's scout master can thank me later for not purchasing these.
10. Mason necklace with hidden double edged knife. The only way to keep this secret organization so secret is to make sure no one lives to tell the tale.
11. 2 Black (Undercover & United Cutlery) Karambits. For those not in the know, and you know who you are, a Karambit is a three fingered hook knife.
12. 2 Black (Undercover & United Cutlery) push dagger sets.
Ben looked the list over and asked Ike, "You must like disappointment." Ike replied, "I am getting used to it." Now that is the Christmas spirit.
Hope he enjoys his new socks, underwear, and wife beaters. (Hey 1/3 ain't too shabby!)
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
Meet our newest creation (no not the child, the blanket). Well maybe not exactly new. If fact the girlies have had their blankets since they were born. I made them matching blankets. Anna's is pink and Maria's is purple. They have loved these blankets to death. I have had to re-top them at one point.
They are pretty indestructible, if fact I made them so well that I made miniature blankets out of the scraps so I would not have so many tears when it came time for the real blankets to get washed. They lovely call these smaller blankets "back up blankie"
Last week Anna's blanket had a run in with silly putty. It is like kryponite to blankets. Especially super fuzzy blankets. It binds like....well like....super putty. There was no salvaging the damaged material. Maria to the rescue!!
She volunteered her back up blankie (Anna's back up blankie disappeared on one of our many road trips.) To allow your beloved blanket to get cut up so your sister can have her favorite blanket back, now that is some serious sisterly love.
We now refer to the blanket formerly known as "Blank" as "Blankenstein" and as you can see Anna could not be happier.