Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chase Middle School Open House

Let me preface this by saying Ike was grounded before the night even started for completely other reasons. This just may keep him grounded for the rest of his life.


Tonight was open house. We, the parents, were to meet at the school at 6:30 with about 13 billion other parents. No I am not exaggerating. I am never one to exaggerate, especially when it comes to facts.

We were to go to his home room and there the student was to make out a copy of their schedule and then the teacher would hand it to us so we could go and meet each teacher and get a 10 minute run down of the curriculum for that class.

Here is a copy of Ike's schedule he made for us. I noticed two things right away. I will let you study this and then see if we both came to the same conclussion.

Well, did you figure it out?

1. There are no classroom numbers. The #6 is there because I asked his home room teacher to direct me to the next class of his.

2. It is barely legible.

Well we made it to 2nd period and luckily the staff member that was subing in for the sick teacher also noticed some oddities.

1. He put lunch down as his 3rd period.
2. He did not put down a teacher for his 6th period at all.

So this clued her in and she pulled up his real schedule and quickly scribbled it on the back of the original.



Yes, my son, the one who is grounded for finding my hidden key, unlocking my bedroom door, rifling through my dresser and desk drawers and getting candy, who got caught sneaking his DS into his bed after he was grounded.........

MADE A BOGUS SCHEDULE!!

I will admit I laughed. I laughted a lot when we found this out. The teacher was really impressed. In fact she does not know of any other student who has done this.

What really makes me wonder is this....

a. he is a very good student
b. he is doing very well in school.
c. he does not have any tardies in any classes.

So why did he feel like messing with us? What was the point? Was there really even a point? Probably not.

I will just chalk it up to another experience of raising this batch of hooligans.

























No comments:

Post a Comment