Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Number 513 of my wishlist checked off

Last Wednesday evening at 5:15 pm my mom and I went to the Crab Cooker. I guess this was a place that she and my dad went to a few times back in the day, before they had kids, and still had hopes and dreams. Idid not take my children, knowing they would not appreciate the crab. Instead I ordered pizza for them. They were so excited about getting pizza that is actually delivered to your door. Don't they realize all the pizza they get is delivered to their door......by their MOTHER! :)


We split and order of Alaskan King crab legs and crab cakes. Came with a side of cheesy mashed taters and slaw. Very good taters and slaw. But the star of the show was the crab. Served with lots and lots of butter.




Yes, I admit it. I looked.

You are served on paper placemats on paper plates with plastic cups and plastic utinsels. Very, very swanky joint. Water is served only upon request.



Surprisingly we did not try the "worlds best clam chowder" because it was Maine clam chowder and mom and I both prefer New England style clam chowder.


We both walked home full as could be. And then proceeded to have terrible nightmares all night long. Weird. We concluded it was because our bodies were not used to such rich food. I have come to the conclusion that I need to eat like that more often so my body can adapt.




No comments:

Post a Comment