Monday, June 27, 2011

Road Trip!!

This weekend I had a Triathlon sprint at Lake Padden which just happens to be down the road from my brother's house. WOW! how handy is that??

well on the way over we stopped at the usual points of intrest...every friggen rest stop between Spokane and Bellingham. There are approx. 10. Of course we stopped off at Vantage and took in the lovely sights.

Kids by native american pictographs.
My little Maria cheesing for the camera while eating cheesy gold fish crackers.

My crew.


After the race Carlos, Rachel and the their kiddos took off to a wedding so I took the kids down to Larrabee Bay and let them check out the tide pools.

The found lots of little crabs and limpets.



Anna with her collection of sea shells


Maria found a purple sea star at the end of this out cropping of rocks.







Jakey with his pet crab he tried to take home.


My merry band of travelers.



It was a nice weekend. Very busy, but we had great weather, which is amazing for that side of the state. I get to go back again on the 9th of july. the kids get to stay with friends. I am sure they will be happy to not have to make the trip again.

















No comments:

Post a Comment