Thursday, August 21, 2014

A very special visit

This past Sunday Daniel was ordained an Elder in our church by his step-dad, Benjamin Guhl. It was a very special day for our family.

One of the duties of an Elder is to bless and heal the sick. Before laying the hands upon the head of the individual about to be blessed they place a drop of consecrated olive oil upon the head.

The elder is to carry this oil with them always. Dan was very diligent in being sure to have his vial with him by carrying it on his key chain. When he died I took over the key chain. I was devastated a year and a half ago when I looked down on the key chain and noticed the vial was gone! I was hoping to pass it on to Daniel because of the emotional significance of the vial. 

I looked and looked for the vial in our cars, floors, and anywhere else I had been. I figured it must have fallen off while I was in school or running errands. So while we were in Utah, last month, I bought Daniel a very nice vial to carry with him into the mission field. 

Last night Dan's vial showed up. Out of nowhere it showed up in our bedroom in plain sight. People I turned that room upside down and have deep cleaned it several times over the past year and a half with out any sign of that vial. 


Dan is still watching over his boys and I feel he wanted to be sure Daniel has his vial as he left home for the first time to serve the Lord for two years. It still brings tears to my eyes and opens up a lot of wounds. I got down on my knees and thanked my Heavenly Father for letting Dan still be here with his family for the important events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment