Thursday, February 10, 2011

Proud Mamma Moment!

Okay, there are a lot of moments through out my career as a mom that I get to deal with the not so proud moments of raising this pack of kids.

This blog is a tribute to many of those moments. In fact just Saturday I caught Daniel and his buddy with can of spray paint poised over the fire. NOT A PROUD MOMMA MOMENT!

So I am thoroughly enjoyed last night. The three younger kids were at the Christensen's. My sister in law,Katie came to share in the moment with me.

Ike and his troop did the flag ceremony.

Ike earned rank of Scout and he Tenderfoot last night. Along with a variety of merit badges that did not include, knife throwing, fire arms, or snares. which is odd because he practices those a lot at home.




Yes, this is an actual picture of Ike hugging me in public. I am thinking of getting it framed.
Daniel earned himself quite a few new patches too! He is still one shy to advance to rank of Life Scout. We need to get Citizenship in the Community.



Daniel talked about his geneology merit badge.

He also led the scouts in the scout oath and law.
Ike and his troop retiring the colors.




They taught the boys how to make rope last night. I and realized the cosmos hate me. I have spent year. literally years trying to keep rope out of my house because of Ike's love of snare and nooses and lack of his love for his little brother and stuffed animals.
and now.....THEY TEACH HIM HOW TO MAKE IT HIMSELF!! fantastic.







1 comment:

  1. Yay for you getting to enjoy that without chasing other kiddos around- what wonderful boys you're raising =)

    ReplyDelete