Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Name brand vs store brand

I am all for being thrifty, some may even call me cheap.

I shop store brand whenever I can even if it means giving up on quality such as bread, hot dogs, and sliced cheese.

But there are some things that I, Miss Cheapie Pants, cannot compromise on.

First being.....

Cheerios. Quite possibly the perfect food.
 Western Family peanut butter is very hard and tends to tear the bread. When we could finally afford to buy Jif I remember Dan and I opening the jar and taking in a big whiff of the "fresh roasted peanut" smell. Just like on the commercial.

 Store brand is just not a cheesy. It has a grainy, gritty texture.

 The texture is just not quite right. Nillas are crunchy but still have a bit of softness and denseness to their cookie. Perfect with a glass of cold milk.

 The store brand of Velveeta lacks the signature Velveeta flavor and the pasta is just mush by the time it is done cooking.
 We have used Flavor Aid, the generic version of kool-aid. This did not end well. It just floats at the top of the pitcher in a light fluffy foam. Sorta creepy looking.

 You just don't mess with Oreos. EVER! Unless it is a double stuf-oreo, that's okay. But Vanilla oreos?? Not gonna fly here.

That is all. Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment